Ay Caramba



Like the majority of the male and female population alike, I too have a slight obsession with model, Cara Delevingne. She has made being weird and quirky cool and frankly makes me a little bit jealous. She has become a fashion icon literally over night with her effortlessly cool style and that whole "thrown together" look she has going on.





Anyway, what I really wanted to bring to light, was her famous donning of the Bart Simpson top. This first appeared in 2012 when Jeremy Scott sent a head-to-toe Bart Simpson print outfit down the runway. A trend, which, like Marmite, you'd either love or hate was probably hated by most, including me. But once she wore the somewhat...comical sweater, I had a little change of heart. I'm convinced that if she was pictured wearing a banana suit I'd probably decide it was cool. But we'll worry about that if it happens.



So I've been searching far and wide for a slightly more "easy on the purse strings" version of the top and finally, I've found just what I'm looking for on a website called http://www.sheinside.com. Its a cropped t-shirt as apposed to a knit, but I think its more wearable and also a fraction of the price.







I tried to make this as casual and understated as possible by teaming it with a pair of simple joggers, this pair are T by Alexander Wang, but a cheaper alternative can be found in any high street store, a pair of Nike Blazers, a Topshop acid wash denim jacket with a grey hoodie from Ralph Lauren worn underneath, and to add a finishing touch I added a green beanie from American Apparel. I also added a simple black backpack from River Island, and my favorite item of jewellery at the moment, a silver Casio digital watch, which is available on both ASOS and in Urban Outfitters.


Aoife.

3 comments:

  1. Hey loving your blog :) I've just followed you on bloglovin and I'd love if you checked out my blog and follow me too if you like it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! thanks for the comment! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome, my blog is http://toodollymakeup.blogspot.ie/ x

    ReplyDelete