Do It Like a Dude


I'm no sports fanatic. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I hate it! So when sports wear started popping up on the runway recently, I was a bit skeptical. I usually wouldn't dream of putting fashion and sport together, but the more I saw of it the more I was convinced. This can be a pretty expensive trend to buy into, especially if you're going to go full whack. But because I'm poorer than a bag lady, unfortunately I won't be giving you the low down on how well Brown Thomas or Harvey Nichols has picked up on this trend. Instead I'm using a plain and simple sports wear t-shirt to show you my interpretation of the trend. I've opted for either Nike or Adidas Originals. I think its best to keep it simple, either black or white with just a logo is my preferred choice. These brands are both easy to get you're hands on and relatively cheap.









I've teamed this black Adidas Originals t-shirt from Lifestyle Sports with a pair of acid wash Mom Jeans from Topshop. To keep it casual enough I put it with a pair of Superga flatform sneakers from Schuh with a pair of frilly socks from Pennys/Primark to keep it feminine. My obsession with link chains is once again evident here. This silver one is from H&M and the blue backpack is from Topshop, which adds a touch of colour to an otherwise dark outfit. And to pay attention to detail, I added a set of silver rings from Topshop also. 






This is a basic enough outfit in the scale of things, but its a way to update a boring outfit easily with small details. This outfit could easily be recreated using similar pieces that are all available on the high street at the moment.











Aoife.



No comments:

Post a Comment